A concise survey of the static system elements most frequently affecting performance. The survey is based on a snapshot of system parameters and performance, concentrating on operating system issues rather than applications
- Where there are concerns about overall system performance.
- Part of a regular scheduled performance review.
- Where physical hardware upgrades are being considered.
- A report highlighting issues in order of priority
- Recommendations with costs attached showing what needs to be done to bring the system up to acceptable standards
- Evaluation of current physical configuration.
- SYSGEN analysis.
- INDEXF.SYS analysis.
- Disk space / fragmentation analysis.
- Directory size analysis.
- File fragmentation analysis.
- Memory management analysis.
- Page / swap file configuration check.
- Disk quota analysis.
- Shadow and raidset analysis.
- Verification of user quotas.
- Any client specific concerns.